Our Firm Is Ready For All Your Legal Needs
Zollie C. Steakley, PLLC, is a general practice law firm practicing in a wide range of legal matters. We pride ourselves on giving each case the dedication and personalized representation it deserves. You can turn to our firm for the help you need whether you are going through a divorce, need help with estate planning, have business issues that need resolution or need counsel in natural resources law.
Providing For You During Family Law, Elder Law And Estate Planning
Our firm provides extensive family law, estate planning and probate services, including:
- Family law — If your family situation is changing or needs to change, let our experience help to make your transition as smooth as possible. We can help guide you through the divorce process, help with child support or child custody matters, and help you modify an existing court order if your circumstances have changed.
- Wills, estate planning and probate — Our firm handles a variety of estate planning matters, including planning for the distribution of an individual’s property at his or her death and assisting families through the probate process.
- Elder law — Our firm provides in-depth analysis and guidance in the emerging area of elder law and the special planning needs of older clients.
We understand that the most important aspect of our clients’ lives is their family. We are here to provide solutions to marital difficulties and prepare appropriate end-of-life plans to achieve our clients’ goals.
Texas Natural Resources And Ag-Related Matters
Few attorneys are as experienced in the area of natural resources law as Zollie Steakley. We are here to answer your questions and offer creative solutions to meet your needs:
- Oil and gas law — We have experience in natural resource laws and regulations, including minerals and mining, oil and gas, and water and riparian rights. We negotiate sales and leases of natural resources, interpret treaties and research ownership records.
- Wind & energy law — We offer experienced guidance and legal representation to landowners entering into contracts or disputes involving land use and wind energy. We will take the time to review your immediate and long-term goals, and devise a contract and solution that preserves your rights and long-term interests.
- Agricultural law — Our firm has broad experience in the area of agriculture law, which includes food production sites, such as farms and ranches, and food preparers and distributors, such as meat packing plants and dairy cooperatives. We represent clients with legal issues relating to equine law, agrochemicals, farm subsidies, export and trade matters, employment law and patents on crops.
Legal Advice For Business Law And Real Estate Transactions
Our business and real estate legal services work hard to ensure business owners obtain success, and to ensure commercial clients and individuals are able to purchase and sell real property as smoothly as possible:
- Business law — We provide a wide variety of business law services to our clients from assisting in selecting the type of organizational entity under which to operate, preparation of agreements, sale and purchase of businesses, obtaining financing and funding for business operations, and employee relations, to dissolution.
- Real estate — Our firm represents both commercial clients and individuals in all proceedings and transactions that deal with real property, land and the structures attached to it, including purchase and sale, construction, mortgages and foreclosures, leases, zoning, title examinations, quiet title actions, closings and management.
Other Legal Services We Provide
Zollie C. Steakley, PLLC, also provides personal injury representation to individuals who suffered a serious injury or the wrongful death of a family member. We help employers and employees resolve employment disputes and offer appeals services to anyone who needs representation in appellate court:
- Personal injury — Our firm represents individuals and businesses involved in controversies alleging a wrong or damage to a person, rights, reputation or property resulting from events or activities such as automobile accidents, defective products, infliction of emotional distress, intentional misconduct and negligence.
- Employment law — We have experience representing both plaintiffs and employers in employment law disputes, including race, sex, national origin discrimination, wrongful discharge and pregnancy law disputes. We also draft and review employee handbooks for employers to ensure that they comply with current laws.
- Appeals — Our firm represents and advises clients who want to appeal prior orders or decisions from the court, in such areas as personal injury and employment claims, contract disputes, and family law and commercial matters.